Online Account Management Usage Agreement
You may use this online utility bill account access system ("My Account") only if you are a customer of Southern California Gas Company ("SoCalGas") and have agreed to take part in My Account by properly registering a User ID and password consistent with these My Account Terms and Conditions
. Use of My Account is furnished subject to the Terms and Conditions
of this Web site and, if applicable, the Mobile Terms and Conditions
, which are incorporated herein by this reference, as well as these My Account Terms and Conditions
, all of which shall apply in all respects related hereto.
Online Account Management Service
My Account allows you to access online services specific to your SoCalGas account(s). Available services under the My Account umbrella include online billing and payment, as well as other account-related information and analysis tools (Some of such services are also available, in whole or in part, without the use of My Account). SoCalGas plans to add additional online services to My Account, as appropriate, in the future.
SoCalGas reserves the right to modify or discontinue any or all services or features of My Account at any time without notice, or to offer specific programs only to customers meeting applicable qualifications. Subject to satisfying the qualifications for a particular program, you may elect to use one or more of the features available without being obligated to use them all.
Specifically, by participating in My Account you have agreed that:
You are subject to these My Account Terms and Conditions as long as you take part in My Account, including all its online services. By selecting the "I Agree" button when registering for My Account, you are confirming that you accept these My Account Terms and Conditions (or any future modifications thereof) - as a pre-condition to your being granted access to My Account. When you meet the above requirements, or the requirements stated after this for any following online utility service, you will receive an e-mail message from SoCalGas confirming your registration in My Account.
The unique User ID and password (collectively, "Password") selected by you to access My Account must be held on a confidential basis by you and not given to other people. Anyone with knowledge of your Password can gain access to My Account and all the services available within the account. If you have forgotten or lost your Password, online reminder capabilities are available to assist you in remembering it. As a condition of use, you must notify SoCalGas immediately if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen. In such event, you can contact SoCalGas immediately by email or by calling 1-877-238-0092
(24 hours a day). You are responsible for maintaining the Password against improper disclosure. One of the terms and conditions of this agreement is that you are solely responsible for any claims, losses, damages, expenses and costs incurred by the use of your Password by others. SoCalGas reserves the right to reset any Passwords.
Emails from SoCalGas
By registering for My Account, you will automatically receive email notifications when your SoCalGas bill is issued. These "bill ready" notifications will be sent to your current email address on file for each SoCalGas account you have set up online. (Since these are transaction notices pursuant to the agreement between you and SoCalGas, you may not "opt-out" from communications related to My Account.) You may log in just to view your electronic bill, without making payment. Another option is to log in and view your bill online, and then pay your bill electronically by providing the necessary banking information.
Contact Information and Banking Changes
As a My Account user, it is your responsibility to ensure that the contact and other required information in your user profile is current and accurate, and updated promptly if necessary, including your name, address, phone number and email address. Changes can be made either within the My Account service or by contacting SoCalGas' Customer Service by email or at 1-877-238-0092
In the event that your bank or financial account ("Bank Account") information changes for any reason, you are obligated to promptly notify SoCalGas by entering these changes within the secure Bank Information screens. If you have set up recurring payments to occur automatically according to a specified frequency, these payments will continue to be processed against your current banking information on file until your change notice has been received and processed by SoCalGas. One-time payments you have initiated will also be processed against your current banking information on file.
Although SoCalGas will not add charges for your participation in this online program, you are solely responsible for the accuracy of your current banking information and for payment of any charges added to your Bank Account by your bank or financial institution as a result of your participation in My Account. In addition, if your payment is ever rejected, SoCalGas will pass through the charges assessed for such rejection, and will add a $7.50 returned payment fee on your next bill. Your financial institution may impose other charges for which you will be liable. SoCalGas also reserves the right to terminate your participation in My Account if your payment is rejected more than once within any consecutive 12-month period. You may view and pay your bill account(s) online through other web sites and payment services, however, they may charge a fee for this service. Additionally, you are responsible for any Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet service provider.
Online Billing and Payment
Online billing allows you to view bills for the SoCalGas account(s) you have linked to My Account. Online payment allows you to pay your SoCalGas bill(s) online. Taking part in online payment requires you to both:
(a) provide the current effective banking information for your designated Bank Account to SoCalGas; and
(b) make an online payment of your SoCalGas bill(s) by deduction from your designated Bank Account(s).
Scheduling Appliance Service Requests
- If you pay your bill online with My Account (One-Time payment or Recurring payments), you will no longer receive SoCalGas bills through the mail for any SoCalGas account(s) you pay online. You will automatically receive an email notification when your SoCalGas bill is issued. SoCalGas will forward any late payment, collections or shut-off notices through U.S. mail. If you still wish to receive paper SoCalGas bills by U.S. mail, please contact SoCalGas by email or call 1-877-238-0092.
- Bill payment will accept payment amounts of $1.00 or greater.
- Payments made Monday through Friday before 4 p.m. Pacific Time will post to your account the same day. Payments made after 4 p.m., or on weekends or holidays will post to your account on the evening of the next business day. (Business days are Monday through Friday, except for banking holidays.) To avoid late payment please ensure that your payment is made prior to 4 p.m. on the due date of the bill.
- In the event of any change to your email address, you are obligated to promptly notify SoCalGas by entering this change within the secure Profile section of My Account. You must provide SoCalGas your current email address(es) to permit SoCalGas to forward your bill ready notification to your email box. You are responsible for paying SoCalGas bills regardless of whether you receive email notifications of any bill issued or not. SoCalGas will forward any late payment, collections or shut-off notices through the U.S. mail.
- If you wish to have your billing information sent to another person or third party to act as your representative, you must provide SoCalGas with a written, signed authorization. You can download the authorization form by clicking here. The form to implement this option can be returned to SoCalGas by fax or mail.
See the Terms and Conditions of this Web site.
Discontinue My Account (online account access)
A bill account will be automatically unlinked from My Account if the bill account remains inactive for an extended period of time as determined by SoCalGas, currently 25 months after bill account closure or cancellation. To voluntarily withdraw from My Account and discontinue receiving bill ready email notification(s) and discontinue paying bills online you must unlink all of your bill accounts on the Manage Accounts screen. Once all bill accounts have been unlinked, they can no longer be accessed online, and thereafter no bill ready notification will be sent and no online bill payments can be made through My Account.
Other Terms and Conditions
View Terms and Conditions
- Some of the data, analysis, and recommendations presented within the Ways to Save tab and on other portions of the My Account web site are based on estimates and projections and are for informational purposes only. For example, the hourly or daily gas usage seen online could occasionally include estimated data or may be missing data because of temporary system availability or other technical issues. Always consult an expert before making any decision to purchase or size energy efficiency or energy management equipment and systems, and before implementing any recommendations contained here. Please be aware that the actual energy savings obtained in each instance depends on various factors, including geographic location, weather conditions, equipment installed, usage rates, and so forth. Completing multiple energy saving measures will not necessarily result in cumulative savings. Any rebates provided are subject to satisfaction of applicable qualification rules. Certain rebate programs may be modified by the California Public Utilities Commission, and are subject to the availability of funds.
- SoCalGas reserves the right in its sole discretion to prevent any User from accessing this web site in connection with My Account.
- My Account will be operated and used at all times subject to applicable laws, rules, regulations and decisions of federal and state governmental authorities having jurisdiction, as in effect from time to time, including without limitation the Public Utilities Commission of the State of California.
- Use of My Account, and any SoCalGas service accessed, is at your sole risk. Although SoCalGas has endeavored to create a secure and reliable service, the confidentiality or security of any communication transmitted or accessible over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We do encrypt your financial account numbers on our systems and in transmission and comply with all applicable laws in handling such information. Accordingly, SoCalGas and its parent and affiliates are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted or accessed using the Internet. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this My Account service may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
- Capitalized terms used but not defined in these My Account Terms and Conditions shall have the definitions ascribed thereto in the Terms and Conditions of this Web site and, if applicable, the Mobile Terms and Conditions.
- SoCalGas reserves the right to change these My Account Terms and Conditions at any time, effective immediately upon updating this web site.
View Mobile Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: October 17, 2012